MAP Wellness

MAP Wellness
Spreading the Health

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MOle!

Mole was one of the recipes I featured on Global’s the morning show , as seen here.  See me demo this chocolate recipe & more at my May 12th “Choco-Raw” food workshop!  Register HERE.

Cinco de Mayo is still a ways off, but I like to celebrate the culinary brilliance of Mexico weekly.  One recipe that gets a ton of play around my dining room table is mole sauce.  Not only is this versatile topping the ideal companion to any fave protein (traditionally chicken, although I like it smothered on top pf grilled tempeh and organic tofu), but it is also a superb side to any burrito, tortilla, or quesadilla.  Heck, I have even mixed it up in a bowl with black beans, rice, cilantro and avocado to make a meal!

Mole Sauce
  • 1/2 C cherry tomatoes
  • 2 Tolive oil
  • 2 T tahini
  • 1 T pepitas
  • 2 Tablespoon cacao powder
  • 1 T fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 t granulated garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon agave
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon chile powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • Juice of ½ lime
  • 2 Tablespoon filtered water
Place all into blender.  Blend.  Devour.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment