MAP Wellness

MAP Wellness
Spreading the Health

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nut butter-goji-flax power balls

Nut butter-goji-flax power balls

I have a crazy busy schedule this week, and I am finding myself at home for no more than an hour or two at a time. With this week being as kooky as it is, and with my upcoming road trip to NYC, I know that I will need some quick, easy, on the go energy to help power me through my long days.  Over this past weekend, I spent many hours in my kitchen, perfecting an entree recipe of mine as part of an assignment for my culinary nutrition course (recipe to come!).  I wasn't the only one working away on that, and after seeing all the Facebook postings, and Twitter updates from many of my schoolmates about their food creations, I was inspired.  Yesterday afternoon, I happily found myself with 60 minutes of me-time, and so after juicing what felt like every last ounce of fresh veggies I had left in my fridge for my afternoon green gulp, I figured I would also try and clean out a few pantry items that I am due to re-stock as well.  And with that, I whipped up a batch of all-new edible delights that I am calling "Nut butter-goji-flax power balls".  Super simple, super tasty!


Whatcha Need: 
1/3 C ground flax
1 1/2 T sunflower butter
1 T peanut butter (almond would be yummy too!)
1 1/2 T ground goji berries (they grind well in the blender)
1/4 C ground almond (I used pre-ground meal)
1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 T chia seeds
1 1/2 T raw honey*

Whatcha Do:
Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined and easily handled.  Roll into balls. Refrigerate. Eat. Yum. Energy. Power.

*I eat a primarily vegan diet - no meat, poultry, fish, dairy, or eggs.  I do however consume raw honey;there are just too many health benefits not to, and it is simply an amazing sweetener.

No comments:

Post a Comment